Skip to main content

Override Request

This form is to be used to request an override for a course within the Department of Biological Sciences (BIO or WLD course prefixes). Please fill out this form in its entirety and submit. If you have not received confirmation that you received your override or are still unable to register 3 business days after this form has been submitted, please contact the Department of Biological Sciences at 859-622-1531.

You may not need this override. The number one registration error is a Linked Course Error: not adding lecture and corresponding lab simultaneously. You may have success adding both lecture and lab if you scroll to the bottom of the registration screen and enter both CRNs for lecture and lab in the boxes and submit at the same time. If you receive a Prerequisite or Test Score Error, be sure you click on the information button next to the course listing to review prerequisties, corequisites, and other requirements that must be met in order to register for the course. For help understanding other registration errors, look here:

If you are requesting a capacity override to register for a class that is full, you should keep checking EKUDirect on your own while you are waiting for an override, since students may change their schedules and you might be able to register without an override.

Submission of this form DOES NOT guarantee your override will be approved.

Please make sure you use an EKU email address ending in

The following information can be found in your Degreeworks

Information about the course you are requesting an override for

A CRN is a 5 digit Course Reference Number which appears immediately following the title of the course in the online schedule. (See yellow highlight on example below).

Example showing location of CRN number on student schedule

Type of override you are requesting


  • Repeat Overrides must be submitted through the department of your major after consulting with your advisor.

If you have requested an Hours Override, please supply the following:

If you are requesting .5 credit overload(s), please round to the next highest whole number when selecting.

This information can be found in Degreeworks.

If you are requesting an override for a pre-requisite that you have already taken at another institution or the pre-requisite is not showing up in Degree Works, click on the Browse button above and attach a copy of your transcript or grade record for the course (PDF or JPG files ONLY).

Open /*deleted href=#openmobile*/